1. In consideration for allowing me to participate in the 2021 Taylorsville Dayzz 5K and/or Kids Fun Run (the “5K”), the undersigned intends to be legally bound hereby for myself, my family, my heirs, my executors my administrators, my successors and assigns, and hereby forever release, discharge, covenant not to sue and waive any and all rights and claims for damages and causes of suit or known or unknown actions that I have or may have against the City of Taylorsville, all committee persons, officials, contractors, volunteers, organizers, and sponsors and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively referred to as the “City”) from any and all injuries, ailments, or other consequences or damages that may be suffered by me as a result of my involvement with the 5K.
2. The undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City from and against any and all claims, lawsuits, demands, liens, and all liability or damage of whatever kind on account of or arising from my involvement in the 5K, including, but not limited to, any damage or injury suffered by the undersigned as a result of the undersigned deviating in any manner from the 5K’s predetermined designated route. Nothing herein shall be construed to require the undersigned to indemnify the City against the City’s own negligence.
3. The undersigned hereby represents that I am physically able to participate in the 5K and I am aware of the dangers and precautions that are associated with my involvement with the 5K.
4. The undersigned hereby authorizes the City or its designated representatives and the 5K organizers to act on my behalf in accordance with their reasonable judgment in the case of an emergency, and I agree to pay all medical and emergency expenses in the event of an accident, illness or other incapacity or emergency, regardless of whether I have authorized such expense, and I hereby assume full responsibility for any medical or emergency expense that I may incur as a result of my involvement in the 5K.
5. The undersigned hereby represents to the City that I have adequate medical insurance or other assets to cover the cost of any medical or emergency expenses that I may incur or cause as a result of my involvement in the 5K.
6. The undersigned hereby grants permission to the City, its successors and assigns, the right to use, publish and take photographs, photographic likenesses, digital images, and/or video with or without audio recording of my participation in the 5K. I further grant permission for these images to be displayed and used on the Internet, publications or other media. I understand that access to the Internet and other media is extensive and that the City does not guarantee any privacy or limitation on access to the images or information the City may use. Further, I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product(s) or the advertising or other copy that may be used in connection with such images.
7. The undersigned hereby expressly agrees that this Waiver, Release, Indemnification and Consent is intended to be as broad and as inclusive as permitted by Utah law and that if any portion hereof is found to be invalid, that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full force and effect.
8. The undersigned represents that I am 18 years of age or older and that I have read this document and fully understand its contents, or I represent that I am the parent or legal guardian of the participant (“Participant”) and I hereby agree to the terms and conditions of the foregoing Waiver, Release, Indemnification and Consent for and in behalf of the Participant, and I consent to the Participant’s participation in the 5K. I further give permission for the Participant to participate in the 5K and authorize the City to administer emergency medical aid to the Participant for any accident or illness and to act in my stead in approving necessary medical care. I further assume and agree to pay all medical and emergency expenses incurred by the Participant with respect to their involvement in the 5K in the event of an accident, illness or other incapacity, regardless of whether I have authorized such expense.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, Sportstats, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Taylorsville Dayzz, and individual Taylorsville Dayzz organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry and its partner Sportstats shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry and its partner Sportstats does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry and its partner Sportstats is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry and its partner Sportstats facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry and its partner Sportstats relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry and its partner Sportstats.