We are excited to announce our new Kids Ride Free policy! Please read the FAQ before registering if you wish to participate with a kid.
Follow us on Social Media to stay up to date. We post reminders and important dates and times to keep you in the loop!
It’s a modest home with traditional white paneling. The lawn is green and well-kept as are the trees that surround the house. In fact, it has nothing notable about it and you would have let it slip from your memory if it wasn’t for the horse. As you pedal by what would be an otherwise typical home, you notice a horse, in the front yard, free as a bird, eating one of those well-kept trees. To say Parowan is quaint is to define the cliché. Seeing horses wandering around front yards is not an odd occurrence.
Founded in 1851 by Utah Pioneers looking to extract ore from the local iron deposits, the city hasn’t changed much since. There are less than 3,000 people who call Parowan home and that’s ok by them. The locals are friendly and match the quaint scenery that will surround you on your 30, 55, 75 or 100-mile ride around and through the Parowan Gap.
The Gap is worth a stop as you can see evidence of the earliest known residence of the area, the Fremont and Anasazi Indians. The Gap is a mountain that was split in two by a volcanic intrusion. The sandstone that was left bare by the split is covered with petroglyphs and contains multiple calendars that track both the moon and sun. The Gap is worth a trip and is a bonus as you pedal out your century.
All Ride The Gap routes start atLiberty Park in Enoch. Winding though low traffic farmland and experiencing the wonder of the Parowan Gap! There are different routes for each distance, be sure to follow the signs as the route is very well marked!
• Four Distances (Full Century 100 Miles, 75 miles, Metric Century 55 Miles, and Citizens 30 Miles)
• Event is capped so register early
• Go back in time and examine what ancient people have left behind
• Fully stocked rest stops, a great lunch, and more!
• Enjoy perfect summer riding temperatures in the high country of scenic Southern Utah
• You will receive a unique Ride the Gap Event Medal with your registration
• You’ll get a custom Ride the Gap T-shirt with your registration
• Only 2.5 Hours North of Las Vegas
• Just 3 Hours South of Salt Lake City
Our policies and procedures are being updated. Below are a few changes you will need to adhere to on ride day.